How to set up an e-mail signature on an iPhone
An e-mail signature is the text that automatically gets added to the bottom of your e-mail when you write an e-mail.
E-mail signatures are huge time savers. They often consist of standard information such as your company's telephone number and web site address but can also include the end of your e-mail, for example:
To add your own e-mail signature to your iPhone, simply follow these steps:
- Open the 'Settings' app
- Scroll down and then tap on the 'Mail' option
- Tap on the 'Signature' option
You now have two options: 'All Accounts' or 'Per Account'. 'All Accounts' means that you can create a signature and use it for all e-mail accounts on your phone. Alternatively you can select 'Per Account' and have a different signature for each e-mail account on your phone.
Usually it's easier to choose the 'Per Account' option, even if you only have one e-mail account set up at the moment, as you may need to add a new one later on.
- Tap on the 'Per Account' option
- The screen will change slightly and you will now see an empty box under the name of each e-mail account that you have installed
- Simply tap into the relevant box and type in your e-mail signature
- Once done, tap on 'Mail' in the top-left hand corner of your screen to return to the previous settings page
That's it. You can now create an e-mail and the signature text will be added automatically to the bottom of your message.