Webmail - Setting up an autoresponder
If you use our webmail service you can set an autoresponder for your e-mail accounts.
An autoresponder is a message that is sent, automatically, to someone when they e-mail you. The most common use of these is 'out of office' messages, which people often set when they go on holiday.
To set-up your own autoresponder, just follow these steps:
- Log into your e-mail account by visiting webmail.your-web-site-address.co.uk
- The screen below will be displayed. If it isn't or if it is shown only for a second, click the back button on your internet browser
- Click on the 'Auto Responders' icon at the bottom of the screen
- A new page will be displayed. Click on the 'Add Auto Responder' button at the top of the page
- Enter '1' in the 'Interval' box. Then enter an e-mail subject in the 'Subject' box and finally enter your autoresponder messsage in the 'Body' text box
- If you want to, you can also specify when you would like the autoresponder message to start and stop. For example, if you are going away for a week, you can set the message to only send during the time that you are away and it will stop automatically when you return
- Finally, click on the 'Create/Modify' button at the bottom of the page. Your autoresponder message is now active.