How to set up my e-mail account with Outlook 2013
To add you e-mail account to Outlook 2013, follow the steps below. If you get stuck, just e-mail us and we'll give you a hand.
- Open Outlook and click on the 'File' button in the top-left hand corner
- The 'Info' page should now show. Click on the 'Add Account' button
- Select 'Manual setup or additional server types' and click 'Next'
- Select 'POP or IMAP' and click 'Next'
- Enter your name. Whatever you type here is the name that will appears on someone's screen when you e-mail them. Now enter your full e-mail address e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org
Select 'IMAP' as your account type. For Incoming mail server (IMAP), enter mail.yourdomain.co.uk replacing yourdomain.co.uk with your web site address.
For 'Outgoing mail server (SMTP)', enter the same again - mail.yourdomain.co.uk
In 'Logon Information' enter your e-mail address and the password.
Now click on 'More Settings'
- Click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab and tick 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication'
- Click on the 'OK' button to close the window
- Click on the 'Next' button and your account details should now be verified. Once complete, click on the 'Finish' button and you should now be ready to use your account.